d:fine™ 4067 Omnidirectional Headset Microphone, Lo-Sens & DC
- clean and transparent sound quality
- extra low sensitivity
- available in black and beige, left and right mounting
The 4067 is a flexible miniature microphone solution, that features very easy and fast adjustment possibilities. The headset construction is unique in design, offering both left and right mounting and color change. It is also possible to use the MMB4066 Miniature Microphone Boom, Omnidirectional, separately, in applications where the headset is not needed.
The 4067 offers a clean and transparent sound quality with lots of headroom.
Attention has been paid to the humidity problems that often occur in theatrical applications. A double vent protection system, a drop stopper on the microphone boom, together with water resistant materials inside the microphone, makes it more than difficult for the humidity to cause the microphone to fail. The headset surface is matte gold plated and the earhooks are covered with a silicone hose.
The sensitivity is 1 mV/Pa to match the level of the human voice to the general input sensitivity of most wireless transmitters. If powered correctly the microphone will be able to handle sound pressure levels up to 154 dB SPL before clipping occurs.
A wide range of connection adapters makes it possible to use the 4067 with most of the professional wireless systems available plus 48 V phantom XLR connection.
The 4067 is a low DC and extra low sensitivity version of the famous DPA 4066. The sensitivity is adjusted to 1mV/Pa and the DC offset in the FET lowered, making matching to systems delivering down to 3 V power supply possible.
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: Soft boost grid: 50 Hz – 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 – 20 kHz, low-cut -10 dB at 20 Hz. High boost grid: 50 Hz – 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz, low-cut -10 dB at 20 Hz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 1 mV/Pa; -60 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 33 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 37 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 45 dB (max. 49 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 61 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1 % THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 90 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 154 dB
- Output impedance: 30 – 40 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 3 V – max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black, brown or beige
- Microphone weight: 14 g incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm
- Cable length: 1.2 m
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Operating temperature range: -10 to 45°C